1. Kalau ada yang tertarik. Fellowships at Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences Deadline : 15 June 2014 Open to : PhD holders from the fields of Economics, Management and Social Sciences Fellowship : EUR 1,200 per month Description The Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences (CGS) constitutes the integrated PhD program of the Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Cologne. It is dedicated to excellency in teaching and research. All PhD students who obtain their degree at the WiSo-Faculty are part of the CGS, attend its courses and benefit from its infrastructure. The school encompasses researchers from Management, Economics, Sociology, Political Sciences, Econometrics/Statistics, Economic Psychology and Energy Economics/Politics. The Graduate School was initiated in 2008 and is funded by the State of North Rhine Westfalia and the University of Cologne. Each year CGS awards up to 10 scholarships to excellent students (among the top 10% of their year) with a Master/Dipl. degree or close to finishing their degree. These students will enter a focused, intensive three-year program leading to a PhD (Dr. rer. pol). It is the expressed purpose of this intensive program to educate excellent researchers and teachers who, after obtaining their degree, will mainly stay in academia. Eligibility Applicants from all fields of Economics, Management and Social Sciences who have finished their PhD are invited to apply. Fellowship Scholarships amount to EUR 1,200 a month for the duration of three years and are limited to a three-year period. Allowances for international travels, experiments, etc. will be also provided. Office space and administrative support will be provided by CGS. Application The application deadline is June 15, 2014. Applicants should submit a statement outlining their research project and their motivation for joining, a detailed curriculum vitae, and a list of publications in electronic form to email@example.com. Two recommendations need to be sent directly to the above mentioned email. For more information please open http://www.cgs.uni-koeln.de/scholarships.html
2. Young Diplomats Forum London, UK Deadline: 30 June 2014 Open to: young leaders from across the world Venue: 1-5 September 2014, London, UK Description The Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is set up to recognise, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats. This community of exceptionally bright and accomplished future leaders will gain further insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connections to influence global leaders. The YDF will play host to an exceptional elite of young diplomats from across the world in a weeklong event that develops their skills and knowledge in areas around international affairs. The forum includes exciting field trips, interactive workshops, simulations, case studies, presentations and speeches from leaders from the diplomatic world. The event will excel in facilitating exchange of ideas and fostering international relationships. The Forum will tackle pressing and topical issues related to international affairs from the perspective of young global leaders. It will stimulate and facilitate an advanced exchange of ideas, build trust and become a catalyst for change on a regional and global arena. Our Forum will present an opportunity for interaction and the development of skills for future senior diplomats and future leaders. The Young Diplomats Forum is set up to recognise, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats and leaders. This community of exceptionally bright and accomplished leaders will gain further insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connection to influential stakeholders. Our 2014 programme is varied from foreign policy, to sport and public diplomacy, to energy security and other topics. The participants present the main actors of the Forum as they form the majority of the presenters and panellists. They will have to carry out research on the various topics for a choice of workshops and present them beforehand. Based on their research/papers, they will be selected to actively take part in different workshops. Eligibility The selection process will ensure the equal representation of junior diplomats, civil society representatives and students. Candidates will be selected based on their personal statement (500 words Maximum) and their CV. A fair representation of different continents and regions in the world will be taken into consideration in the process Costs The fees for participation are £675 (US $1120) which covers the accommodation, food, transportation during the forum, visits and field trips. There will be scholarship for limited numbers of participants. However, scholarships do not cover flights and will be given to candidates who are from and reside in one of the least developed countries. Application Applications for the YDF 2014 London are now open. All applications to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will receive a confirmaton of receipt from us. All applications will be reviewed by our team and then successful applicants will recieve full details on the Forum and assigned with a contact from the Global Diplomatic Forum. A personal statement ( maximum 500 words) describing previous leadership roles and future aspirations. Also please attach a current CV Contact : Ms Gemma Smith Communications Executive Global Diplomatic Forum E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: (44) 208 0969392 Mobile: (44) 75 6587 1706 For more information please open http://www.gdforum.org/YoungDiplomats-%20London.html
3. International Summer Academy in Dakar, Senegal Deadline : 15 August 2014 Open to : participants from all parts of the globe Venue : 26 January -1 February 2015, Dakar, Senegal Description The international research center IGK Work and Human Lifecycle in Global History (Humboldt-Universita t zu Berlin) and the doctoral school «Etudes sur l’Homme et la Socie te » – ETHOS (University Cheikh Anta Diop, Dakar) will hold a Summer Academy exploring the historical and contemporary meanings and practices of work in relation to gender and generation in post-slavery societies and will take place on the campus of the University Cheikh Anta Diop in Dakar, January 26 to February 1, 2015. In many parts of the world, adaptation to the end of slavery went along with the constitution of new households, the reconfiguration of domestic household labour, new or revived forms of coerced labour, trafficking, conflicts over the control of labour and the emergence of sharecropping, debt bondage, and forced marriages as a form of labour mobilization. These developments had a differential impact on men and women, and on different generations. Moreover, especially in post-slavery societies in Africa, the Americas, South Asia, and the Indian Ocean world, the distinction between “free” and “unfree” became essential in this process. The Summer Academy will therefore focus on the ambiguities of the concept of “free labour” without simply eliminating the distinction between “free” and “unfree” or referring to its “blurred character.” The need for an intensive engagement with these issues arises from a fundamental redefinition of work that has emerged in post-abolition societies that coincided with rapid globalisation. The Summer Academy shall focus methodologically on historical perspectives that investigate global interconnections and entanglements and/or employ methodologies of comparison. The critical reflection of general comparative notions such as “generation”, “household”, “work and labour,” “freedom” and “slavery” should be part of the individual projects presented at the Summer Academy. The following aspects, among others, should be central to the projects and discussions : – Languages of free and unfree labour – Slave emancipation – Domestic work – Households and different forms of labour – Control of labour – Debt bondage / pawnship – Forced / coerced labour – Child labour / children’s work – Gender differences in labour experience – Generational differences in labour experience Moreover, the Summer Academy will also provide the venue for an in-depth discussion of methodological issues and the question of sources. The Summer Academy will be led by renowned historians and social scientists from around the world. The language of the Summer Academy will be English. Within its framework, selected participants will present their research (40 minutes) and comment on a project of a peer (20 minutes). Moreover it is obligatory that all participants hand in an essay on specific topics related to the Summer Academy’s theme as well as answers to a set of key texts prior to the event. Eligibility The Summer Academy is open for doctoral students working in the field of work/labour from historical as well as other social sciences’ perspectives. We welcome relevant applications from all parts of the globe. Candidates from Africa are particularly encouraged to apply. Costs Travel and accommodation costs of the selected participants will be covered by the organisers of the Summer Academy. Application To participate in the Summer Academy research scholars at the doctoral level need to apply with a brief outline of their current project (max. 3 pages) and a two pages essay on how their work relates to the themes of the Summer Academy as well as how they can contribute to it. These should be submitted electronically along with their CV and the names/ email addresses of two referees. Proposed projects should assume a historical perspective and will be particularly pertinent if they take account of connections beyond the nation state and attempt to reflect upon the possibilities of connecting regional and systematic approaches. This does not exclude carefully contextualized case studies. Please use the electronic form on our website: http://rework.hu-berlin.de/; we can ONLY accept electronically submitted applications! The deadline for applications is August 15, 2014. Please send your application to: Professor Andreas Eckert IGK Work and Human Lifecycle in Global History Humboldt University Berlin firstname.lastname@example.org For more information please open https://rework.hu-berlin.de/en/news.html Sumber : https://www.facebook.com/groups/pejuangbeasiswawni/permalink/716544061725891/
4. 23.05.2014 – UNESCO Office in Jakarta Call for Applications for Asia-Pacific Youth Training on Media and Civic Participation UNESCO invites you and your organization to join the Asia-Pacific Youth Training on Media and Civic Participation that aims to share experiences to promote the culture of peace, develop practical action plans and explore the opportunities that the new media provides to enhance youth participation and civic engagement. The training is part of the “Global Media Forum: The Role of Media in Realizing the Future We Want For All”, an initiative that aims to define the role of media in the development agenda that will continue the efforts of the Millennium Development Goals after the year 2015. This capacity development programme is planned in a way in which participants, after joining 5 days of training, will attend and be actively involved in the Global Media Forum conference, where academics, practitioners, government and civil society will analyse the role of media in the implementation of the Post-2015 Development Agenda. Why Youth? UNESCO considers young men and women as key actors and partners to contribute to the building of peace, the eradication of poverty, sustainable development and intercultural dialogue. With a firm belief on the potential of youth as a motor for social change, UNESCO aims to contribute to the empowerment of youth in the Asia Pacific Region through the Asia-Pacific Youth Training on Media and Civic Participation. Why Media? UNESCO believes that media has a role in promoting civic participation, democracy and development as well as facilitating intercultural dialogue and building a culture of peace. The new digital and social media is putting in the hands of young men and women a great power of change and progress, as has never before in history. Development challenges keep multiplying, but new media is providing new opportunities and ways for youth to participate and make changes in their communities. For more information, please see the Call For Applications here. If interested, please, send the following documents to Sh.jak(at)unesco.org and CC Mr Mikel Aguirre m.aguirre-idiaquez(at)unesco.org before 22 June 2014: Motivation message stating why are you interested to be part of this activity and how can you contribute to it. The message can be in any format, video, letter, audio, ppt, gif, etc. Brief summary of a successful initiative that you have been involved in and if you did engage with media in the process (max 1 page) Updated CV In the subject of the email, please write: ASPAC Youth Training on Media and Civic Participation. UNESCO will announce the selected participants on 30 June 2014.
5. Announcing Human Development Fellowships for Young Professionals 20 May 2014 The International Centre for Human Development (IC4HD) announces human development fellowships for young professionals for 2014. The fellowships offered by the Centre support innovative analytical work on major human development issues. The theme of this year’s fellowships is social security in the Global South. IC4HD is a joint initiative of the Government of India and UNDP. About the Fellowships Fellowships are open to young professionals including academics, civil servants and civil society practitioners. The selected fellows will receive INR 50,000 per month, and will be hosted by the Indian Institute of Advanced Studies in Shimla, India, for three months. The deadline for submitting applications is 15 June 2014. As the Indian Institute of Advanced Study organizes several national-level seminars every year, on themes of pressing contemporary relevance as well as of fundamental theoretical significance, the fellowship provides the opportunity to interact with several scholars. Eligibility Applications are invited from all eligible candidates (list of selected eligible countries are indicated in the brochure). Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants should: Be citizen of an eligible country (list available in the brochure) Preferably have a Master degree in a relevant discipline Be between 25 and 35 years of age (at the time of the closing date of the applications) Have 3-5 years of relevant working experience Not be a UN staff member or an Indian Institute of Advanced Study staff/Fellow Application Process Applicants whose native language is not English are expected to have the ability to write and converse fluently in English. All candidates must complete a formal application in English, including: Application form Project proposal, not exceeding 1,200 words (which does not involve fieldwork with data collection) that highlights the main contours of the research to be undertaken during the tenure of the Fellowship which is residential. The questions that the research aims to address, in line with the theme of the Fellow-ship, and the reasons behind their selection should be clearly stated. Curriculum vitae Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com Incomplete applications or those received after the due date will not be processed. http://www.in.undp.org/content/india/en/home/presscenter/articles/2014/05/20/IC4HD-HD-Fellowships-2014.html
6. NBC Internships for Graduates in California, USA Deadline : ongoing Open to : graduates in Broadcast Operations Remuneration : varies Description NBC News Digital is a collection of innovative and powerful news brands that deliver compelling, diverse and visually engaging stories on your platform of choice. NBC News Digital features world-class brands including NBCNews.com, tv.msnbc.com, TODAY.com, theGrio.com,NBCLatino.com, NBCPolitics.com, Nightly News, Meet the Press, Rock Center, Dateline, Newsvine, EveryBlock, Breaking News, and the existing apps and digital extensions of these respective properties. We provide something for every news consumer with our comprehensive offerings that deliver the best in breaking news, segments from your favorite NBC News shows, live video coverage, original journalism, lifestyle features, commentary and local updates. NBC News Digital reaches an audience of more than 58 million unique visitors who generate more than 1.2 billion page views and 140 million online video streams each month. NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. The Telemundo 48 internship program gives students real world experience, networking opportunities and exposure to one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. NBCUniversal considers the internship an important recruiting tool. The program allows us to identify high potential talent for future employment. NBC looks for previous experience, involvement in school and extra-curricular activities, and interest in the entertainment industry. The internship program runs congruently as part-time for min. 2 days per week. Internships are offered for each semester: Fall (September – December), Spring (January – April) and Summer (May – August). Eligibility – In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution – Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits) – Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above – Must be 18 years of age or older – Authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. Internship Open for International Students: Yes (Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States). Application Applicants can apply via online. For more information please open http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27365695/